• Clock9:30 - 17:30
    Our Opening Hours: Mon - Fri
    Outside office hours, by appointment only
  • Clock6535 1800
    Call Us At Your Convenience
    24/7 Committed

Singapore Divorce Lawyer - Lam & Co Blog

For most people, divorce is a rare and scary thing. You simply do not have any previous experience with it and there are many horror stories you have heard from your friends. Lam & Co.'s expert divorce lawyers are focused on sharing information with you to assist you as much as possible in making painless and correct decisions.

After My Spouse Has Applied For a Divorce Against Me, How Can I still Reconcile With My Spouse?

f your spouse serves a Writ for Divorce on you, this means that she has taken legal action to apply for a divorce from you.This is a serious matter and you should please read our blog post entitled:

My Spouse Has Filed For Divorce.I Want to Remain Married.What can I Do about It?

How you can try to reconcile with your spouse.

There are at least 2 main ways to try to reconcile with your spouse.

One way is to go for counseling.

The other way is to "turn over a new leaf".

In this blog post, we will talk about counseling.

How counseling can help to save your marriage

By undergoing counseling in good faith, you signal and demonstrate that the marriage is important to you and you are prepared to work to salvage it.

While undergoing counseling,

-both of you can get advice from an impartial and experienced professional on how to move forward.

-both of you will be able to raise issues which may not have been raised before so that all issues can be resolved.

-both of you can unburden whatever emotional load you may have been carrying.

-both of you can undertake trust and bond re-building exercises under the guidance of the counselor.

What if my spouse does not wish to attend counseling?

Even if your spouse does not want to attend any counseling, you should consider attending counseling on your own.This may enable you to get a better insight into the problem areas between you and your spouse.

We can then tactfully inform your spouse that you have started to attend counseling on your own and encourage him or her to attend together with you.

Alternatively, we can propose for your spouse to select his or her own counselor and for him or her to attend on his or her own first.Later, you can attend on your own.If all is goes well and the both of you are comfortable with it, then, both you and your spouse can attend counseling together.

(For how to "turn over a new leaf", please read our blog post entitled:

How Can I "Turn Over a New Leaf" To Try and Save My Marriage?)

The above is not legal advice and should not be taken as such.

Call 6535 1800 now for a No Obligation discussion.

Lam & Co. (Advocates & Solicitors): An International and Singapore divorce law firm.

We can help by addressing your questions and speaking about how to move forward.

For a no obligation discussion, call +65 6535 1800, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Rate this blog entry:
How Can I "Turn Over a New Leaf" To Try and Save M...
My Spouse Has Filed For Divorce. I Want to Remain...


Fill in the form below and we will contact you for a private and confidential discussion.