There is some talk of Collaborative Divorce on the internet but what exactly is this?
If you Google for:
- They say both parties MUST hire lawyers.
- They say that it is less time consuming than court litigation divorces.
- They say the process is shorter.
- They say it is less stressful.
- They say it is less costly.
The Collaborative Family Process is the result of the Family Justice Courts (
The truth is:
- the Collaborative Family Process may or may not be suitable for you.
- this process may or may not less time
consumingthan court litigation divorces.
- this process may or may not be less stressful.
- this process may or may not be less costly.
Not only that, we can also advise you on ways to incentivize your spouse to respond in a reasonable way to your proposals. This will help reduce the time, stress and cost of getting your divorce.
Further accurate information on the Collaborative Family Process
- Before any court action is taken, CFP is an interest-based approach to negotiations dealing with matrimonial disputes.
- The couple
enterinto an agreement to try to settle matters through good faith negotiations.
- Where the couple is able to agree on everything between them, they can apply for a divorce through a simplified divorce process.
- SMC has a panel of CFP lawyers to support the process.
- All CFP lawyers are required to have undergone a collaborative family law programme. This is a programme conducted by SMC and supported by the
- SMC also
havea Family Panel of mediators.
- The Family Panel of mediators would have undergone a training accreditation programme designed by SMC and the
If you have any questions or require advice on how to resolve matters with your spouse, call Lam & Co. now at 6535 1800.
About Lam & Co.
We seek to appreciate and understand your situation and put your aims and objective first. We will use our tried and tested Lamnco Method (developed over more than 25 years of successful legal experience) and strive for the best possible outcome for you.